Buddhist Studies in Berkeley
The Institute of Buddhist Studies has been providing graduate-level Buddhist, ministerial, chaplaincy, and other other educational programs in Berkeley since 1949. Read more to see if our programs are right for you!
From the News Blog
- Mindfulness and Compassion: The Art and Science of Contemplative Practice
- The Mindfulness and Compassion: The Art and Science of Contemplative Practice conference brings together internationally recognized researchers...
- Address to the Graduating Class of 2014
- Editor's Note: the following is a transcript of the prepared remarks to the graduating class of 2014, delivered on 23 May 2014, by Rev. Peter Yuichi...
- In memoriam: Rev. Dr. Taitetsu Unno
- Update: The Memorial Service for Rev. Dr. Taitetsu Unno will be held on Saturday, 3 January, 2015, at 11 am, at the Berkeley Buddhist Temple. Rev....
- 2014 IBS Memorial Service
- The Institute of Buddhist Studies conducted its annual Memorial Service on Thursday, December 4 at 7 p.m. at the Jodo Shinshu Center Kodo, to honor...
- First IBS President’s Award
- Dr. Taitetsu Unno, distinguished minister, scholar, translator and author, was presented with the first Institute of Buddhist Studies President's...
February 26 @ 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm
March 4 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
March 11 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm