Who We Are
Founded in 1949, the Institute of Buddhist Studies has been dedicated to providing Buddhist education and training for more than sixty years.
We offer a number of graduate-level degree programs in general Buddhist studies, Buddhist chaplaincy, and continuing Buddhist education as well as ministerial training for the Buddhist Churches of America in the Jodo Shinshu Nishi Hongwanji-ha tradition.
What We Offer
- Graduate level Buddhist studies education
- Buddhist chaplaincy education program
- Shin Buddhist ministerial training
- Buddhism and Contemporary Psychology Certificate Program
- Public lectures and events
- Numerous scholarly publications
- An ideal learning community for scholar-practitioners
How can we help you? Click here to discover everything the Institute of Buddhist Studies has to offer!