Buddhist Studies in Berkeley
The Institute of Buddhist Studies has been providing graduate-level Buddhist, ministerial, chaplaincy, and other other educational programs in Berkeley since 1949. Read more to see if our programs are right for you!
From the News Blog
- Mindfulness: Three Buddhist Perspectives
- On Friday, February 20, 2015, the IBS, with Wisdom Publications, hosted the symposium "Mindfulness: Three Buddhist Perspectives." The purpose of the...
- 2015 Ryukoku Symposium
- The Sixth International Ryukoku Symposium on Buddhism and Japanese Culture, co-hosted by the University of California, Berkeley Center for Japanese...
- New Books by IBS Graduate
- Institute of Buddhist Studies graduate Naoyuki Ogi has recently had two books published in Japan. The first is a Japanese translation of David Loy's...
- Mindfulness and Compassion: The Art and Science of Contemplative Practice
- The Mindfulness and Compassion: The Art and Science of Contemplative Practice conference brings together internationally recognized researchers...
- Address to the Graduating Class of 2014
- Editor's Note: the following is a transcript of the prepared remarks to the graduating class of 2014, delivered on 23 May 2014, by Rev. Peter Yuichi...
March 11 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
April 17 - April 18