Buddhist Studies in Berkeley
Providing Buddhist education in Berkeley since 1949, the Institute of Buddhist Studies offers a range of graduate-level degree and certificate programs in the entirety of the Buddhist tradition. Read more to see if our programs are right for you!
News & Updates
- Buddhist Healing Principles: recording from annual chaplaincy conference
- This past June, three members of the IBS community participated in the 2017 Annual Conference of the Association of Professional Chaplains. Rev. Dr....
- Institute of Buddhist Studies Granted WSCUC Candidacy
- The Institute of Buddhist Studies has been recognized as a Candidate for Accreditation by WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC)....
- Call for papers: grad student proposals due July 15, 2017
- Mass Meditation: Practices and Discourses in Contemporary Global Buddhisms October 6, 2017—Institute of Buddhist Studies, Berkeley,...
- “Be the Refuge”: Reflections on Karma & Gratitude, Suffering & Spiritual Friendship
- Editor's note: the following is text of the 2017 Commencement Address by IBS alum Chenxing Han, delivered during the graduation ceremony on Friday...
- 2017 Graduation and Commencement
- Five Institute of Buddhist Studies’ students were presented with their Masters Degree at Commencement ceremonies on Friday, May 19, 2016 in...
August 18 - August 20
August 30 @ 10:30 am - 2:00 pm
Graduate Student Symposium: Mass Meditation: Practices and Discourses in Contemporary Global BuddhismsOctober 6
November 17 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
March 23, 2018 - March 25, 2018