Buddhist Studies in Berkeley
The Institute of Buddhist Studies has been providing graduate-level Buddhist, ministerial, chaplaincy, and other other educational programs in Berkeley since 1949. Read more to see if our programs are right for you!
From the News Blog
- Symposium: Shinran and the Sutra of Immeasurable Life
- “Shinran and the Sutra of Immeasurable Life: Reflections on Reading in the Buddhist Tradition,” is the theme of the symposium co-sponsored by the...
- 2015 Graduation Commencement
- Five Institute of Buddhist Studies’ students were presented with their Masters Degrees and two professorial chair appointments were made at...
- Education and Buddhist Ministry: Whither and Why?
- The Harvard Divinity School’s Buddhist Ministry Initiative presented a conference on: Education and Buddhist Ministry: Whither and Why? on April...
- Mindfulness: Three Buddhist Perspectives
- On Friday, February 20, 2015, the IBS, with Wisdom Publications, hosted the symposium "Mindfulness: Three Buddhist Perspectives." The purpose of the...
- 2015 Ryukoku Symposium
- The Sixth International Ryukoku Symposium on Buddhism and Japanese Culture, co-hosted by the University of California, Berkeley Center for Japanese...
August 6 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
August 7 - August 9
October 24 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm