2010 Graduation Commencement
M. Editor | April 20, 2010
The Institute of Buddhist Studies, a graduate seminary for Buddhist Studies, Shin Buddhist Ministry, and Buddhist Chaplaincy, will hold its graduation commencement ceremony on Friday, May 14, 2010 at 10 a.m. at the Jodo Shinshu Center in Berkeley.
The commencement speaker will be Dr. Paul Harrison of Stanford University who is co-director of the Ho Center for Buddhist Studies.
Degrees will be presented to the 2010 graduates followed by an Honorary Doctorate to be presented to Mr. George Aratani, of Hollywood, Ca., a long-time supporter of the IBS.
The schedule is as follows:
- 10:00 Procession
- 10:15 Opening Service
- 10:30 Introduction of Guests
- 10:40 Comments by Dr. Leroy Morishita, Chair IBS Board of Trustee
- 10:55 Commencement Address: Dr. Harrison
- 11:25 Presentation of diplomas
- 11:40 Presentation of honorary Doctorate to Mr. Aratani
- 11:45 Closing comments
- 11:50 Recessional/oshoko by attendees
- 12:00 Reception with refreshments
Meet Gesshin Greenwood, our new Chaplaincy Program Coordinator!
IBS would like to introduce our new Chaplaincy Program Coordinator, Gesshin Greenwood. Gesshin is a […]Read More
2019 Graduation and Commencement
On Friday, May 24, 2019, the faculty, trustees, students and friends of the Institute of […]Read More
Religions: Buddhism in the United States and Canada
For the last year, IBS Dean Scott Mitchell has served as a guest editor for […]Read More